måndag 31 december 2012

Interview with Beth Revis


Interview with the supernice Beth Revis,author to Across the universe,A million suns and Shades of Earth! :)

Have you read The Hunger Games(I'm a reallyreallyreally big tribute so I ask everyone,haha)?

YES. And I love them! My favorite is the first book, but I also really like what happened to Peeta in the third one. 


What's your favorite book/s?

I will always have a soft spot in my heart for CS Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia--probably the most important books in my childhood, and the ones that made me love reading on a whole new level. I also adore JK Rowling--she helped shape me as a reader and a writer in ways I can't even describe. And Madieline L'Engle and Urusal K LeGuin and so so so many more. 



Did you read much as a child/teenager?

There was rarely a moment when I wasn't reading. I even read the back of the toothpaste tube or the cereal box if there was not a book in front of me.



Did you write much as a child/teenager?

I did--sort of. I wrote one very long (10 page) series that I shared with Tina, a girlwho sat next to me on the school bus, about a magical unicorn and the adventures it had with a girl. But while I loved writing, it also seemed sort of like a guilty pleasure to me. I was often told that I had to find a "real job" after school, and writing didn't seem like it could be that.



Did you think of yourself being an author when you were younger and thought about the future?

For a short time, I entertained the idea. But somewhere very early--sometime in elementary school, even--a teacher told me that I had to have a back-up plan, and that writing is a hobby, not a job, unless it was nonfiction, such as a news reporter. I wanted to write stories, not news, and so I pushed the dream of being a writer aside. But I couldn't quit writing. 


What hobbies do you have?

I love to travel, and love planning trips. I also (obviously) love to read. Other than that, I'm terribly boring.


What kinda music do you like the most?

So much! Right now I've been listening to a lot of Alex Day, but I also quite like The Beatles (obviously, considering my first book's title), and a wide mix of pop and rock, from Adele to Regina Spektor to Fun.


Do you like Ed Sheeran,Taylor Swift and Glee(their music!)? (:

I do! 


Who's your favorite author?

It's so weird now to realize that many authors (even some I used to idolize!) are now my friends. I can't get over that. It's so weird! So there's no way I could pick just one favorite author who's still alive--but since he's dead, I'll pick CS Lewis :)


Which book was your favorite when you were a child?

Of all the Narnian books, I think The Silver Chair is my favorite. No one likes that one, but I do--Puddleglum is just brilliant. I also like The Horse and His Boy. Hipster Narnia for thewin!



What are you reading right now?

I've been reading John Green, Lauren Myracle, and Maureen Johnson's co-written novel, Let It Snow--it felt appropriate for this time of year! I also recently started a new manga, Magica Madoka. And I've got an early copy of Kaleb Nation's newest book, Harken. 


Which film is your favorite?

I'm a sucker for the black and white Audrey Hepburn film, Roman Holiday.


Do you read your books reviews on normal bookblogs? 

I do sometimes! I never, ever comment--I don't want bloggers to feel pressured or as if I'm watching them, but I do occasionally read reviews :)


Do you have any favorite magazine?

Lightspeed Magazine (available online) is a great source of interviews and short stories in the sci fi and fantasy world.


If you didn't live in the U.S,where would you like to live?

I've got a deep love of London and Edinburgh, but right now I think I might pick the island nation of Malta...


What's your favorite genre?

YA--it includes everything, from contemporary to sci fi!


Do you have any writing tips to all the young adults out here with author hopes?

Yes! I think the best piece of advice I can give is to worry more about making your writing perfect than about publication--it's so easy to jump the gun and start subbing for publication, but learning how to actually write is important, too. I also have more tips available here: http://www.bethrevis.blogspot.com/2012/08/writing-wednesday-master-post.html


Do you have any pets?

Two dogs! A black Lab named Sirius (after Sirius Black in Harry Potter) and a golden retriever named Champ.


Do you read book blogs?

I do! When I make a dent in my to-be-read pile, I go to book blogs and GoodReads for ideas on what book to read next.


Favorite tv-series?

Of all time, my fave TV series is Firefly, the short-lived sci fi western by Joss Whedon. But currently, I'm in love with Doctor Who. 


Books you'd recommed for everyone? 

Harry Potter. I don't know if I can be your friend if you don't like HP.



Read/Write : Both!
Tvseries/Movies : Ahhh--I love both! 
Candy/Popcorn : Popcorn--unless the candy is salted caramel.
Summer/Winter : Winter
Dance/Sing : Both--with enthusiasm!

Thanks for the interview Beth :D

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar